Sautéed Rainbow Veggies with Coconut Basmati Rice and Pickled Daikon
This quick meal is tasty and done in less than 30 minutes. Last time I went to the market I bought a bag of frozen organic corn and I have been putting it on everything, I highly recommend it!
I utilized as much color as I could for this recipe, and added spicy pickled daikon to keep my gut bugs happy
2 cups basmati rice
3 tablespoons coconut oil
Sprinkle of salt and black pepper
1 tablespoon coconut oil
1 purple onion, chopped
½ broccoli head
1 red bell pepper, sliced
1 orange bell pepper, sliced
Handful cherry tomatoes
4 tablespoons coconut aminos lime flavor
1 teaspoon vindaloo curry powder
1 pinch cayenne pepper powder
½ lemon, juiced
½ cup pickled daikon
1. Rinse your rice and bring 3-4 cups of water to a boil. Add the rice, and the coconut oil, salt and pepper and reduce to a simmer covered. Cook for 15-20 minutes.
2. While rice cooks, prepare the stir fry.
3. Heat up the coconut oil and sautee the onions for 3-4 minutes.
4. Add in the broccoli, bell peppers,, cherry tomatoes, coconut aminos, curry powder, and cayenne pepper powder and stir on medium heat for 5 minutes.
5. Lower the heat to medium low and continue to cook for 6-8 minutes.
6. Add in the lemon juice and remove from heat.
7. Serve on a bed of coconut basmati rice with pickled daikon on the side.