The Best Vegan Creamy Pasta Sauce Recipe
My newest go-to pasta rauce recipe!
Before I dive into the recipe I wanted to quickly touch base on grocery shoppying for pasta sauce.
Earlier in my stories, I talked about buying the best pasta sauce at the market. We have dozens of selections, and many of them seem great because of the wonderful and deceptive world of food marketing. But, when you delive into the ingredient label you’ll find out that only a select few are actually healthy.
For example, it’s important to look at the added sugars. You’d be surprised that some companies add up to 10 GRAMS OF SUGAR!
And we wonder why many people have sugar addictions? It’s snuck into so many of our food items.
You can find organic, sugar free, preservative free pasta, it just takes a little detective work which is worth the extra 3 minutes.
Whenever I buy pasta sauce, I always like to spice it up. I start by sauteeing some tomatoes (which increases the lycopene content!) and sweet onions. The NEW thing i’ve been doing lately, is when everything is cooked, I add in a little bit of coconut cream. This dilutes the acidity of the sauce and adds in a delicious sweet flavor and makes it creamy. It’s SO good and definitely my new go to way to make pasta sauce.
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 jar pasta sauce
Whatever veggies you have lying around! I like sweet onions, mushrooms, and summer squash
1/2 can coconut cream
1. In a medium pan, heat up some olive oil and being to sautee the onions until golden.
2. Add in your veggies of choice and continue to cook for at least 5 minutes.
3. Slowly pour in half of the jar of your tomato sauce and stir.
4. Lastly, pour in half of the can of coconut cream and continue to cook for 2 minutes.
5. Serve on noddles of choice with fresh basil!