Are you plant-based and miss the deliciousness that is hollandaise sauce? I definitely do! One of my favorite things to do is to veganize things. I am a firm believer that you can recreate anything out of plants and make it taste just as tasty, if not tastier. This time I decided to veganize hollandaise.
Hollandaise is typically made with egg yolks and butter, but here is an amazing vegan recipe that tastes just like the real thing (I personally think its better!)
The secret ingredient? Black salt!
You can purchase black salt here from the Spice Lab. It's inexpensive, and a DEFINITE staple for everyones plant-based pantry.
Black salt is one of my plant-based staples for recreating an egg flavor. The sulfur content makes food smell and taste like the real deal.
Add this to your favorite breakfast or brunch for a healthy vegan option!
* 1 cup raw cashews, soaked over night or boiled for 10 minutes
* 1/4 cup Nutritional Yeast
* 2 tablespoons Lemon Juice
* 1 teaspoon white vinegar
* 1 cup water or unsweetened plant milk
* 1/2 teaspoon Turmeric
* 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
* 1 teaspoon garlic powder
* 1/2 tsp black salt
* A sash of cayenne pepper
1. Blend all ingredients together in a blender until smooth.
2. Pour the vegan hollandaise into a double boiler and heat up. If you don’t have a double boiler, simple place a ceramic bowl over a put filled with an inch of water and turn it on high. Pour the vegan hollandaise sauce into the bowl in the pot.