Vegan Raw Gluten Free Chocolate & Strawberry Cheesecake
This cheesecake is:
Is there anything better?
I’ve been having a sweet tooth lately and have been drawn to making a raw vegan cheesecake. They look beautiful, taste amazing, and look pretty simple. Making vegan sweets are so simple if you make the right swaps. I talk about my favorite vegan swaps in my cook book, Easy Vegetable Meals which you can find here.
The truth is you absolutely don’t have to sacrifice flavor if you’re plant based. We can eat the same as delicious food as everyone else (if not better in my opinion), and not only is it just as tasty, it’s much healthier!
I made this raw vegan chocolate & strawberry cheesecake in less than 30 minutes and it was soooo tasty! It was even better left out of the fridge a little to give it a soft, melty consistency. We ate it on a hot day and it truly was a treat!
You will need a springform pan for this recipe. The removable bottom makes it easy to unveil this cake. It wouldn't work with a regular cake pan, so make sure the bottom comes off! I got mine off amazon and you can find it here.
1 cup dates, pitted 1 cup raw nuts, I used almonds
1 teaspoon coconut oil
1 pinch salt
2 teaspoons cacao powder
1 ½ cup soaked raw cashews (soaked overnight or boiled for 10 minutes)
1-2 teaspoon lemon juice
1 can coconut cream
¼ cup maple syrup
1 cup soaked cashews
2 cups strawberries, fresh or frozen
3 tablespoons lemon juice
⅛ tsp vanilla
4 tbsp coconut oil, melted
1. Blend the crust ingredients together in a food processor blender.
2. In a cake pan with a removeable bottom pan, spread the crust layer on the bottom.
3. Place the pan in the freezer as you make your filling.
4. In a blender, blend your chocolate layer ingredients. Taste, and adjust the flavor as needed.
5. Remove the pan from the fridge, and pour the chocolate layer into the pan on top of the crust.
6. Place this in the freezer on a flat surface for about 30 minutes.
7. During this time, make your strawberry layer by blending the strawberry layer ingredients.
8. Remove the pan from the freezer and pour the strawberry layer.
9. Place it in the freezer for at least 4 hours or in the fridge over night.