Creamy Vegan Gnocchi with Brussels Sprouts
Updated: May 14, 2020
This recipe I threw together one day after a long day at work. I was tired, really hungry, and didn’t eat much that day so naturally I was craving something on the heavier side.
I do really well with complex carbs and starches. They leave me feeling satiated and nourished. I know everyone is different. This recipe would work fine with gluten free gnocchi too for those avoiding gluten.
The sauce is vegan and has a delicious savory and sweet creaminess to it. You can other veggies too! This recipe is great because you can throw in most produce that you have lying around. It would be delicious with roasted root veggies, broccoli, cauliflower, peas and leafy greens.
Hope this dish brings as much joy to your heart as it did to mine!
Vegan, Nut Free, Dairy Free, 30 Minute
1 tablespoon olive oil
1/2 cup brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved
1 box gnocchi
3 tablespoons nutritional yeast
1 tablespoon coconut aminos or brags or soy sauce
1/4 cup coconut cream
salt and pepper to taste
3 collard green leaves, sliced
1. Begin by boiling your gnocchi for 8 minutes or until they float the top of a pot of boiling water.
2. In a large pan or wok, heat up your olive oil on medium heat.
3. Add in your halved Brussels sprouts and cook for about 5 minutes or until the leaves begin to turn a brown color.
4. Add In your nutritional yeast, coconut aminos, and coconut cream.
5. Next add in your drained and boiled gnocchi to the pot, stirring frequently until all the sauce is absorbed.
6. Lastly, add in your chopped collard leaves, cover, and let cook for 3 minutes. The heat will naturally wilt the collard greens.
7. Mix together one last time, turn off heat and set aside.
8. Serve hot and enjoy!